Marine Corps


Starting January 1, 2023, vehicle registrations allow the removal of your address. New registrations have your address located on the bottom. There's a dotted line showing where to cut it. This is optional and intended to provide address privacy in case of theft.

Marine Corps Sample Plate - Flag background, with Marine Corps emblem and MC letters
$28 of fees go to support Veterans Stewardship Account at the Department of Veterans Affairs.


  1. Find out if you qualify.
  2. Plate options.
  3. Submit your proof and application.
  4. Update your Good-to-Go! account, if needed.
  5. Renew your plates.

1. Find out if you qualify

You must be a WA state vehicle owner and one of the following:

  • Veteran
  • Active duty military employee
  • Reservist
  • Washington National Guard member
  • Spouse of deceased veteran
  • Family member of one of the above

2. Plate options

These plates are flat. They don't have raised characters.

Contact a vehicle licensing office to find out the total cost of your plates.

You have 2 options for your Armed Forces plates:

  • To get the next available number, continue to step 3. Submit your proof and application
  • Or get Personalized plates.

3. Submit your proof and application

Mail your proof along with the Military License Plate Application:

4. Remember to update your Good To Go! account

If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the contact information on your account with the Department of Transportation:

5. Renew your plates

You must renew your plates every year, even if you're not using the vehicle. If you have personalized plates, see Personalized plates.

Save money when renewing your tabs early and getting new personalized or specialty plates

If your tabs expire in 6 months or less, you can save money by getting your new plates and tabs at the same time. By renewing early, you won't have to pay the following plate renewal fees the first year:

  • $30 for specialty plates
  • $42 for personalized plates

Note: $28 of fees go to support Veterans Stewardship Account at the Department of Veterans Affairs.


Contact us