Get your license: Timeshare companies

Learn how to get a timeshare company license.

Who needs a license?

Anyone who operates a company that offers or sells timeshares or the right to occupy a unit in 3 or more separate periods over at least 3 years.

How to apply

Follow the steps below to get your timeshare company license.

1. File with the Department of Revenue

File a business license application with the Department of Revenue (DOR) to get a Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number.

Out-of-state businesses that only advertise in Washington aren't required to apply for a UBI number in Washington.

2. Gather required documents

A copy of the public offering statement with all the required documentation. See the Timeshare Public Offering Statement for details.

3. Submit your application

You can apply online or by mail.

Submit your application online

You'll receive your license faster by applying and paying online.

Log into SecureAccess Washington (SAW)

Don't have a SAW account? Learn how to create a SAW account.

Submit your application by mail

Mail a completed Timeshare Company Registration Application form and a check or money order for the application fee (payable to the Department of Licensing) to:

Timeshare Company Registrations
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3777
Seattle, WA 98124-3777

Get email updates

Subscribe to our mailing list to get the latest rule changes and licensing updates by email.

Need additional help? Here's how to contact us:

call Phone: 360-664-6486
(TTY: Call 711)
Was this information helpful?