Learn the requirements and how to apply for a license to offer training in theatrical wrestling.
Who needs a license?
Any facility that offers training in theatrical wrestling, which is defined as a type of sports entertainment in which:
- Two or more participants perform mock combat in a ring for the purpose of entertainment;
- The outcome is predetermined
- The participants do not necessarily strive to win
A theatrical wrestling school:
- May hold wrestling events for training purposes at the school facility
- May hold a limited number of wrestling events for training purposes off the school premises
- May charge an event admission fee without a promoter license
- Must feature at least 80% amateur participants at any wrestling event held by the school
How to apply
Make sure you meet the requirements, and follow the steps below to apply for a theatrical wrestling school license.
1. Meet the requirements
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have an established place of business that offers training in theatrical wrestling.
- Have an active business license through the Department of Revenue.
2. Complete all the necessary forms
3. Submit your application
Submit your application online
Get your license faster by applying online!
Don't have a SAW account? Learn how to create a SAW account.
Submit your application by mail
Mail your forms and a check or money order for the license fee (payable to the Department of Licensing) to:
Combative Sports Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-3401