Become a motorcycle training school

See the requirements and how to apply for a contract to operate a motorcycle training school.

Who needs a contract?

You must have a contract to provide motorcycle training and testing services for individuals applying for a motorcycle endorsement.

How to apply

Follow the steps below to get your motorcycle training school contract.

1. Meet the requirements

Anyone who meets the contract requirements and Washington Motorcycle Safety Program (WMSP) Policies and Procedures may contract with the Department of Licensing to provide motorcycle training and testing services.

As a motorcycle training school, you must provide:

  • 2-wheel or 3-wheel motorcycle safety training
  • 2-wheel and 3-wheel license endorsement testing

2. Gather your documents

Prepare your documents for upload:

  • Insurance policy
  • Curriculum authorization

3. Submit your application online

Log into SecureAccess Washington (SAW)

Don't have a SAW account? Learn how to create a SAW account.

After we've received your application

We’ll review your application and notify you when it’s approved. This can take up to 4 weeks. You'll get final approval after we receive your school’s fully executed contract.

For veterans, military personnel, and partners

Your military experience or training might help you meet licensing requirements. You may also be able to get a temporary license if you're moving here with a current license from another state. Learn more about using your military training to meet professional license requirements.

If you're a U.S. veteran, you may be eligible for partial reimbursement of your fees. Learn more about getting reimbursed for fees.

Related information

Need additional help? Here's how to contact us:

call Phone: 360-902-3674
mail Email:
Was this information helpful?