Get your license: Employment agencies

Who needs a license?

Any business that helps people get employment where the job seeker pays for the service. This includes businesses that provide verbal or written lists of available employment positions.

The general manager of the employment agency must also pass an examination and get a professional license.


The following types of organizations aren't required to have an employment agency license:

  • Temporary employment services
  • Labor unions
  • Nonprofit schools and colleges
  • Career guidance and counseling centers
  • Theatrical agencies
  • Farm labor contractors

Need additional help? Here's how to contact us:

call Phone: 360-664-1530
(TTY: Call 711)
mail Email:
Was this information helpful?