Learn how to replace your driver license or learner's permit if it is lost or stolen.
Before you get started
If you order a replacement driver license or permit, we'll mail it to the address we have on file. If your address has changed, update your address before you request a replacement license or permit. We cannot forward replacement licenses, or permits to a new address.
Replacement driver licenses and learner's permits have the same horizontal or vertical format and photo as the one you're replacing. Exception: If you had a vertical card and you have reached the age of 21, we’ll replace it with a horizontal format.
If you are replacing your license online, you can order a replacement up to three times a year.
Restrictions for replacing a license or permit
You can't get a replacement online if:
- Your license expires within three months, please renew it instead
- Your license or permit isn't valid
- You moved out of state
- You changed your name from what's printed on your license
- Your record shows you have any of the following:
- A dishonored check
- A suspension
- A revocation
- A cancellation
Fee payment options
|Pay with your:||For online services||For licensing office|
Make checks payable to "Department of Licensing"
|Visa – credit/debit||Yes*||Yes – at most offices**|
|MasterCard – credit/debit||Yes*||Yes – at most offices**|
|American Express – credit/debit||Yes*||Yes – at most offices**|
|Discover – credit/debit||No||
Yes – at most offices**
*We charge a 3% card payment fee for online transactions. You can also pay with your checking account information online for no added fee.
**We accept credit and debit cards at most of our offices. Our card payments vendor charges a fee.
- If using a debit card, the convenience fee adds $2.25
- If using a credit card, the convenience fee adds:
- $2.25 if your transaction total is $75 or less
- 3% of your transaction total if over $75
Note: Your temporary license or permit won't include your photo and can't be used for identification.