Replace your license or learner permit

Learn how to replace your driver license or learner's permit if it is lost or stolen.

Restrictions for replacing a license or permit

You can't get a replacement online if:

  • Your license expires within 3 months, please renew it instead
  • Your license or permit isn't valid
  • You moved out of state
  • You changed your name from what's printed on your license
  • Your record shows you have any of the following:
    • A dishonored check
    • A suspension
    • A revocation
    • A cancellation

Fee payment options

Pay with your: Online At a licensing office By phone
Cash No Yes No
Make checks payable to "Department of Licensing"
Yes Yes No
Visa – credit/debit Yes* At most offices** Yes
MasterCard – credit/debit Yes* At most offices** Yes
American Express – credit/debit Yes* At most offices** Yes
Discover – credit/debit No At most offices** Yes

*We charge a 3% card payment fee for online transactions. You can also pay with your checking account information online for no added fee.

**We accept credit and debit cards at most of our offices. Our card payments vendor charges a fee. If you pay over the phone with a debit card, your transaction will be run as a credit card, and credit card fees will apply.

  • If using a debit card, the convenience fee adds $2.25
  • If using a credit card, the convenience fee adds:
    • $2.25 if your transaction total is $75 or less
    • 3% of your transaction total if over $75

Note: Your temporary license or permit won't include your photo and can't be used for identification.

Need additional help? Here's how to contact us:

call Phone: 360-902-3900
(TTY: Call 711)
Was this information helpful?