Learn about how we promote diversity and inclusion and how our workplace compares to other companies and agencies.
"We value the unique traits and attributes that each employee brings to the job. Through the diverse perspectives of an inclusive workforce, we will create a more respectful, productive, and unified team to better serve the public of Washington."
We proudly consider ourselves leaders in workforce diversity and inclusion. We embrace the strength of a diverse workforce of differing abilities and cultures. We encourage feedback and continuous improvements in all our initiatives.
Employee groups for diversity and inclusion
The Department of Licensing has established 2 major employee groups focused on celebrating differences, eliminating both physical and non-physical barriers, and promoting employee engagement. They are:
- Diversity and Inclusion Group (DIG)
- Veterans Employee Resource Group (VERG)
Our workforce profile
Compare our profile to private industry, as well as other state agency workforces combined.
Department of Licensing
- Veterans: 9.4%
- Vietnam-era veterans: 2.9%
- People with disabilities: 5.1%
- People of color: 26.9%
- Veterans with disabilities: 1.9%
- Veterans: 9.1%
- Vietnam-era veterans: 3.0%
- People with disabilities: 6.1%
- People of color: 21.3%
- Veterans with disabilities: 0.8%
Washington state agencies
- Veterans: 9.8%
- Vietnam-era veterans: 2.5%
- People with disabilities: 3.5%
- People of color: 19.6%
- Veterans with disabilities: 1.3%