Accessing our services

We're committed to providing everyone with equal access to our services. We pledge to develop and maintain customer accessibility.

Contacting us via TTY

For those using a TTY, call 711 to use the Telecommunications Relay Services. For more information on the service, visit 711 for Telecommunications Relay Service (

If you feel that your disability rights have been violated and you wish to file a complaint with the department as a result of a barrier to our programs, services, and facilities, you may contact:

Larry Watkinson
ADA Compliance Manager
Email: DOL ADA Accommodation
Phone: 360-902-3900 (TTY call 711)
PO Box 9020
Olympia, WA 98507-9020

Online services and communications technology

To ensure our online systems and communications technologies are accessible we've adopted:

Reporting technology accessibility issues

Contact our Web Services Team if you're experiencing difficulty accessing:

  • Information on our website
  • Online services (such as renew your tabs)
  • Electronic documents and forms
  • Multimedia (audio and video)

We will be glad to assist you in gaining access or providing an alternative format. Please provide the following information:

  • The nature of your accessibility needs.
  • The website, online service, electronic document, or multimedia you're trying to access.
  • Your contact information.

PDF documents and accessibility

For best results, you'll want to open any of our forms or documents with Acrobat Reader DC. Most reader plug-ins included in modern web browsers don't have the same capabilities as Acrobat Reader DC. Viewing a PDF with the browser plug-in could make the document:

  • Appear broken
  • Be missing functionality
  • Not be viewable at all

You can set the reader your browser uses, check with your browser manufacturer to find out how. Get the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Using PDFs with a screen reader

For more information on using PDFs with a screen reader, go to Adobe's Accessibility features page.


Conducting business with your service animal

Your service animal may go with you into a Licensing Office. If your animal poses a direct threat to the health or safety of other people, you must remove them from the office.

Getting driver licensing services if you are homebound

Most services like renewing and replacing licenses and IDs are available online via License eXpress.

If you are unable to access online services or need alternative arrangements, please call our customer contact center at 360-902-3770. They will help make an individual plan that works for you.

Accommodations at our offices

Need accommodation in a driver licensing office? No problem. When you walk in the door, just tell someone and we will work with you to get you what you need.

Google™ Translate disclaimer

This website uses Google™ Translate to provide automatic translations that can help non-English speakers in our community access Department of Licensing (DOL) services. This free, third-party translation tool is offered for information and convenience only. DOL can’t guarantee the accuracy of translated content, and discrepancies created by the translation aren't legally binding.

The English version of our web content should be considered the official and accurate information of the services we provide. DOL’s site is provided “as-is” with no warranties, express or implied, and its use confers no privileges or rights. Links to third-party services, information and/or content is in no way an affiliation, endorsement, support or approval of the third party.

Google™ Translate can't translate following content:

  • Forms
  • Publications
  • Audio
  • Video
  • Images
  • Driver licensing office locator maps
  • Online transaction services

If you have questions about translated web content, please contact our ADA Coordinator for help in your language of choice.

ADA Coordinator
PO Box 9032
Olympia, WA 98507-9032
Toll-Free: 844-200-4466

Was this information helpful?