UCC paper filing and searches

Learn how to file financing statements and conduct Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) searches by mail.

Should I use this option?

You should file and conduct searches by mail if you:

  • Need to pay by check or money order
  • Have attachments on paper that must be included (See Revised Article 9 or consult a legal advisor to learn more.)
  • Don't have internet access

Learn about paper filing and search fees and payment options.

How to file or conduct a search by paper

  1. Get a copy of the UCC National Financing Statement form. You can also get this form at a stationery or office supply store that sells legal forms.
  2. Complete the form following the instructions provided on the last page of each form.
  3. Mail the completed form and your payment to:
    UCC Filing Office
    Department of Licensing
    PO Box 9660
    Olympia, WA 98507-9660
  4. If you're using an overnight courier (FedEx, UPS), mail to:
    UCC Filing Office
    Department of Licensing
    1125 Washington Street SE
    Olympia, WA 98501-2283


  • No development costs. You can type information right into the UCC national form provided on our website.


  • More expensive. It costs more to submit paper filings than electronic submissions and paper filings need postage.
  • Longer wait times. It takes at least 2 days longer to file or search by paper. Mailing time is added at both the beginning and end of the process.

Payment options

  • Personal or business check
  • Money order
  • Electronic funds transfer (if you have an established account)

Need additional help? Here's how to contact us:

call Phone: 360-664-6616
mail Email: ucc@dol.wa.gov
Was this information helpful?