Learn how to file financing statements and conduct Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) searches online.
Before you get started
- The easiest way to file a financing statement or search UCC records is online.
- Follow the directions to fill out the form, pay with a credit card, and print your acknowledgement or search report.
- All filing, indexing, and search fees are nonrefundable.
Should I use this option?
You should file and conduct searches online, if you:
- File infrequently.
- Are unsure if or how a name was filed.
- Want to search by secured party name.
- Don't know the file number.
- Store data in a way that does not lend itself to output by XML (for example, you store paper or microfilm copies of the data).
- Don't have a system to hold the data where it can be exported.
- Immediate filing. Since your electronic filing is processed when you submit it, wait time is eliminated and your filing position is assigned immediately.
- Free and immediate search results. You can also order copies for a fee.
- Automated payments. Fees are calculated automatically and you can pay with a credit card.
- No postage.
- No upfront investment. As long as you have access to the internet, there is no development cost.
- No rejections. The site notifies you when you have not met the minimum filing requirements, and will not let you proceed until the information is provided.
- Data entry is required. If you input the information into your system, online filing requires you to enter the data a second time. However, this can be eliminated by using business-to-government filing.
- Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card
- Electronic funds transfer