Get your license: Real estate appraiser license by reciprocity

Find out how to get a real estate appraiser license or certificate if you're currently licensed in another state.

Who needs a license?

Anyone who wants to provide real estate appraisal services in Washington State and is already licensed in another state.

How to apply

1. Meet the requirements

You may get a reciprocal license or certificate to provide real estate appraisal services in Washington State if you're:

  • Currently licensed or certified in another state that meets federal guidelines
  • In good standing with that state's regulatory board

2. Complete the necessary form

Real Estate Appraiser Reciprocal License/Certification Application

3. Submit your application

Submit your application online

You'll receive your license faster by applying and paying online.

Log into SecureAccess Washington (SAW) or create an account to apply, upload your paperwork, and pay the licensing fee.

Submit your application by mail

Mail your form and a check or money order for the license fee (payable to the Department of Licensing) to:

Real Estate Appraiser
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3777
Seattle, WA 98124-3777

Related laws

For veterans, military personnel, and partners

Your military experience or training might help you meet licensing requirements. You may also be able to get a temporary license if you're moving here with a current license from another state. Learn more about using your military training to meet professional license requirements.

If you're a U.S. veteran, you may be eligible for partial reimbursement of your fees. Learn more about getting reimbursed for fees.

Need additional help? Here's how to contact us:

call Phone: 360-664-6504
Was this information helpful?