Get your license: Professional wrestling participant in combative sports

Learn how to apply for a professional wrestling participant license.

Who needs a license?

Anyone who is paid to participate in professional wrestling exhibitions or shows.

Professional wrestling is a form of sports entertainment in which the participants display their skills in a physical struggle against each other in the ring. The outcome may be predetermined, or the participants don't necessarily strive to win, or both.

How to apply

Make sure you meet the requirements, and follow the steps below to apply for a professional wrestling participant license.

1. Meet the requirements

You must be at least 18 years old to be licensed.

2. Complete all the necessary forms

Complete a Combative Sports Participant License Application/Renewal.

Have a medical doctor (MD), osteopath (DO), or naturopath (ND) complete and sign a Physical Examination for Referees and Professional Combative Sports Participants.

3. Submit your application

Submit your application online

Get your license faster by applying online!

Log into SecureAccess Washington (SAW)

Don't have a SAW account? Learn how to create a SAW account.

Submit your application by mail

Mail your forms and a check or money order for the license fee (payable to the Department of Licensing) to:

Combative Sports Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-3401

For veterans, military personnel, and partners

Your military experience or training might help you meet licensing requirements. You may also be able to get a temporary license if you're moving here with a current license from another state. Learn more about using your military training to meet professional license requirements.

If you're a U.S. veteran, you may be eligible for partial reimbursement of your fees. Learn more about getting reimbursed for fees.

Need additional help? Here's how to contact us:

call Phone: 360-664-6644
(TTY: Call 711)
Was this information helpful?