Get your license: Matchmaker for combative sports

Learn how to apply for a license to work as a matchmaker at boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, and martial arts competitive events.

Who needs a license?

Anyone who is a matchmaker for boxing, kickboxing, or martial arts event when the event is required to be overseen by the Department of Licensing.

How to apply

Follow the steps below to get your matchmaker license for combative sports.

1. Meet the requirement

You must be at least 18 years old to get your matchmaker license.

2. Submit your application

You can submit your application online or by mail.

Submit your application online

Get your license faster by applying online!

Log into SecureAccess Washington (SAW)

Don't have a SAW account? Learn how to create a SAW account.

Submit your application by mail

Mail a completed Combative Sports Announcer, Matchmaker, Second, and Manager License Application/Renewal form along with a check or money order payable to the Department of Licensing for the application fee to:

Combative Sports Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-35001

Get email updates

Subscribe to our mailing list to get the latest rule changes, licensing updates, and board notices by email.

For veterans, military personnel, and partners

Your military experience or training might help you meet licensing requirements. You may also be able to get a temporary license if you're moving here with a current license from another state. Learn more about using your military training to meet professional license requirements.

If you're a U.S. veteran, you may be eligible for partial reimbursement of your fees. Learn more about getting reimbursed for fees.

Need additional help? Here's how to contact us:

call Phone: 360-664-6644
(TTY: Call 711)
Was this information helpful?