Get your license: Manager of combative sports

Learn how to apply for a license to manage boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, and martial arts competitive events.

Who needs a license?

Anyone who contracts with a boxer, kickboxer, or martial arts participant to receive compensation for services as an agent or representative when the event is required to be overseen by the Department of Licensing.

How to apply

Follow the steps below to get your manager license for combative sports.

1. Meet the requirement

You must be at least 18 years old to get a manager license.

2. Submit your application

You can submit your application online or by mail.

Submit your application online

Get your license faster by applying online!

Log into SecureAccess Washington (SAW)

Don't have a SAW account? Learn how to create a SAW account.

Submit your application by mail

Mail a completed Combative Sports Announcer, Matchmaker, Second, and Manager License Application/Renewal form along with a check or money order payable to the Department of Licensing for the application fee to:

Combative Sports Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-35001

Get email updates

Subscribe to our mailing list to get the latest rule changes, licensing updates, and board notices by email.

For veterans, military personnel, and partners

Your military experience or training might help you meet licensing requirements. You may also be able to get a temporary license if you're moving here with a current license from another state. Learn more about using your military training to meet professional license requirements.

If you're a U.S. veteran, you may be eligible for partial reimbursement of your fees. Learn more about getting reimbursed for fees.

Need additional help? Here's how to contact us:

call Phone: 360-664-6644
(TTY: Call 711)
Was this information helpful?