Each year 5–15% of licensees are chosen at random to be audited by the board on the professional development hours (PDH) earned.
Records to keep
We'll accept receipts, certificates, or rosters showing you completed a professional development activity. The records must include:
- The date of the activity.
- The instructor's name.
- A description of activity.
- The location of the activity.
- The number of professional development hours.
How long to keep records
You must keep your records for a total of 5 years, including:
- The cumulative time in your current renewal period.
- The 3 years before your last renewal.
If you're audited
Submit records of your PDH activities for the last license period by your license expiration date.
- Use the Landscape Architect Professional Development Worksheet or a similar form to record your activities and hours.
- You will be asked to submit any of the following:
- Receipts and certificates provided by universities, professional organizations, or other course presenters. Examples include signed attendance receipts, payment receipts, and certificates of completion and/or continuing education credit reports.
- Copies of lecture materials, course outlines, agendas, handouts, book covers, articles, or content outlines. If necessary to prove your participation, include corresponding travel receipts or expense reports. For multi-session events, highlight the sessions you attended on the agenda or schedule.
- If the content is not apparent by the course title, provide information demonstrating how the activity is related to health, safety, or welfare.
After the audit
Don't dispose of your records after you have been audited. You must keep them for a total of 5 years.