Change your address: Concealed pistol license

Find out how to update your concealed pistol license address if you move.

How to update your address

Washington State law doesn't require you to update the address on your concealed pistol license (CPL) when you move. However, if you'd like to voluntarily update your address, the process is the same as when you first applied except you won't be fingerprinted.

Follow these 4 steps to update your address:

  1. Go to the Washington law enforcement agency (LEA) where you live.
  2. Complete a concealed pistol license application, marking the "Replacement license" box.
  3. Submit the application and replacement fee.
  4. The LEA will contact you to pick up your license, or they'll mail it to you.

Where to update your license

If you live Update at
In an unincorporated area of a county in Washington Your county sheriff's office
In an incorporated city or town in Washington Your city/town police department or your county sheriff’s office
Outside of Washington (not a Washington state resident) Any local law enforcement agency (police department or sheriff’s office) in Washington State

Related information

Need additional help? Here's how to contact us:

call Phone: 360-664-6616
(TTY: Call 711)
fax Fax: 360-570-4945
mail Email:
location_on Address:
Firearms Section Department of Licensing
PO Box 9649
Olympia , WA 98507
Was this information helpful?