Get your license: Amateur mixed martial arts sanctioning organization

Learn the requirements and how to apply for a license to operate a mixed martial arts organization that sanctions competitive amateur events.

Get your license faster! Apply for your license online.

Who needs a license?

Any organization that's primarily dedicated to advancing the sport of amateur mixed martial arts, and where the event promoter, officials, and participants are all licensed in Washington.

How to apply

Follow the steps below to apply for your license.

1. Meet the requirements

To be licensed, you must:

  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Have an established place of business that offers training in one or more of the mixed martial arts
  • Have a current tax registration through the Department of Revenue
  • Have a minimum of 3 years total combined amateur or professional experience in at least 3 of the following areas:
    • Referee
    • Promoter
    • Judge
    • Inspector
    • Offering training in one or more of the mixed martial arts at your established business

2. Gather the necessary documents

Provide a list of authorized representatives who will be in charge of events or exhibitions. Changes to this list won't be accepted within 30 days before an event or exhibition.

3. Submit your application

Submit your application online

You'll receive your license faster by applying and paying online. You can apply, upload your paperwork, and pay the application fees.

Log into SecureAccess Washington (SAW)

Don't have an account? Learn how to create a SAW account.

Submit your application by mail

Complete an Amateur Mixed Martial Arts Sanctioning Organization License Application/Renewal.

Mail your form and a check or money order (payable to the Department of Licensing) for the application fees to:

Combative Sports Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-35001

Related information

Get email updates

Subscribe to our email list to get the latest information on boxing, wrestling, and martial arts licensing.

Need additional help? Here's how to contact us:

call Phone: 360-664-6644
(TTY: Call 711)
Was this information helpful?