Eluding a police officer

Why was my license revoked?

You were convicted in court and they submitted the conviction information to us to be recorded on your driving record.

How long will my license be revoked?

1 year.

Can I get a restricted license?

Yes, you may apply for an Occupational Restricted License (ORL) as long as you have no other suspensions on your driving record that would prevent us from issuing you the ORL.

Can I contest or appeal the revocation?

Yes, you may request an administrative review within 15 days from the date on your suspension letter. The suspension letter we send to you includes a form to request a review of the suspension.

How can I get my license back?

When you're eligible to reinstate your driver license, you must:

  1. File future proof of financial responsibility, also known as an SR-22, for 3 years from the date you are eligible to reinstate your driver license for that incident.
  2. Apply for a new license.
    • You'll be required to pay a $75 reissue fee in addition to any other licensing fees.

Get step-by-step instructions

There may be other issues you'll need to take care of to get your license back. To find out what you need to do, see Learn how to reinstate your license.

Related laws

RCW 46.61.024: Attempting to elude police vehicle — Defense — License revocation

Related information

Questions? Need help?

Call us: 360.902.3900 (TTY: Call 711)

Was this information helpful?