How long will my license be disqualified?
- First incident: One year (three years if the incident occurred while you were transporting hazardous materials.)
- Second incident or more: For life
Entering into a deferred prosecution program is considered a DUI conviction for commercial driver license (CDL) disqualification purposes.
How to re-qualify
- Pass the CDL knowledge and skills tests.
- For a hazardous materials endorsement, pass a separate knowledge test.
- We also may require you to show us a letter from the Transportation Security Administration stating you passed their background check.
- Pay a $35 re-qualification fee.
Second incident or more: You cannot re-qualify after a lifetime disqualification.
Can I appeal the disqualification?
You may request an administrative review.