We work directly with the community providing support and critical information to people across Washington, focusing on underserved communities with limited access to our services.
What we do
Our community engagement and outreach team travels to community resource and heritage events across the state to work directly with community groups, not-for-profit organizations, and resource providers to deliver information about the Department of Licensing’s services and programs.
Download a copy of our Outreach Services flyer.
Who we help
Our focus is on working with underserved communities, meeting where they’re at to provide information they may not be able to access. We value spending time with community organizations and partners to build relationships and trust, bringing information directly to communities.
Our goals are to:
- Identify important issues unique to communities
- Understand and work to eliminate barriers to our services
- Demonstrate respect for all unique cultures
- Meet communities wherever they need
- Spend time with communities to build trust and real, lasting relationships
What information we provide
We answer questions, provide presentations, and utilize a “train the trainer” approach to support community leaders and liaisons with information on all DOL’s services and programs including:
- Driver licenses and permits
- ID card requirements
- Buying and selling vehicles
- Business and professional licenses
- REAL ID
Get email updates
Subscribe to email updates to get the latest agency outreach information. It's easy to sign up and make changes to your subscription at any time.