Current agreements

See a list of our current agreements with other organizations and the types of agreements we make.

What groups have agreements with the Department of Licensing? 

To do business more effectively, we sometimes enter into agreements with:

  • Government agencies
  • Organizations
  • Entities

List of current agreements

View our list of current agreements with public entities.

Types of agreements

The following list explains the types of agreements we make with public entities.

Data Licensing Agreement (DLA) 

Data Licensing Agreements allow us to access data from other entities.

Data Sharing Agreement (DSA)

Data Sharing Agreements allow us to share data with other entities.

DSA for Driver and Plate Search (DAPS)

This agreement allows entities to search our driver identity and vehicle ownership data.

DSA for Internet Hosting Publishing Service (IHPS)

This agreement gives entities access to our Abstract Driver Record (ADR) data.


This is an agreement with entities that need both DAPS and IHPS data.

Fuel Tax Agreement (FTA)

Fuel Tax Agreements allow us to collect and distribute funds for Department of Transportation projects.

Interagency Agreement (IAA)

We make Interagency Agreements with government agencies, entities, or departments that define cooperative work or services we'll complete. They're also called Interlocal Agreements (ILA).

ILA - Transportation Benefit District

This agreement allows city or county governments to impose additional vehicle registration fees to fund local transportation projects.

Information Technology Service Agreement (ITVSVC)

Information Technology Service Agreements allow the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) to provide services on behalf of the Department of Licensing.

Special License Plate (SLP)

We make Special License Plate agreements with non-profit organizations, professional sports franchises, or government agencies the Washington State Legislature has approved to have a unique license plate.

Related laws

Need additional help? Here's how to contact us:

Was this information helpful?