Appraisers must take an exam to get their license. Learn how to register and pay for your exam.
How to schedule an exam
There are two ways to schedule your real estate appraiser exam with our testing vendor, PSI:
Schedule an exam online
Visit the PSI website.
- Choose the "Real Estate" category
- Select "Washington Real Estate Appraiser Program"
- Choose the exam you want
Schedule an exam by phone
Call 855-746-8173 to schedule your exam.
For more information, see the Candidate Handbook.
The exam fee is $105.00 and is nonrefundable. Cash is not accepted.
- If you schedule online or by phone, you may pay with a credit card
- If you schedule by mail, you must pay by certified check, cashier's check, money order, or personal check
Exams are administered Monday to Friday at all test centers, with Saturdays available at some centers. Please note this schedule is subject to change.
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Central Time
Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time
The test centers will be closed in observance of the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the Friday following
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Eve
Test center locations
Exams are administered in the following cities:
- East Wenatchee