Learn how to renew your business permit to dispose of human remains.
When your permit expires
Your permit expires on January 31 each year. Please note:
- If you first applied less than 120 days before January 31, then your permit expires the next year
- If you first applied more than 120 days before January 31, then you must renew on January 31
Renew your permit
- You must renew your permit every year by January 31
- You can renew up to 120 days before your permit expires
How to renew your permit
Follow these steps to renew your permit. Update your contact information online, if necessary, before you renew.
Gather the required documents
- Your renewal notice
- Payment for the permit renewal fee
Renew your permit online
You'll receive your permit faster by renewing and paying online.
Don't have a SAW account? Learn how to create a SAW account.
Renew your permit by mail
To renew your permit by mail, follow the instructions on your renewal notice. If you did not receive a renewal notice, complete a Final Disposition of Human Remains Permit Renewal form.
Mail your form and a check or money order for the renewal fee (payable to the Department of Licensing) to:
Funeral and Cemetery Board
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3777
Seattle, WA 98124-3777
If you didn't receive a renewal notice, please contact us using the information below.