Learn how to get your license to sell contracts for campsite use within a privately-owned camping resort.
Who needs a license?
Any business that offers contracts for campsite use for more than 30 days within a privately-owned camping resort.
How to apply
Make sure you meet the requirements, and follow the steps below to apply for a camping resort license.
1. Meet the requirements
You must be at least 18 years old to be licensed.
2. File with the Department of Revenue
File a business license application with the Department of Revenue (DOR) to get a Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number. Once you receive your UBI you can apply for your camping resort license.
3. Complete all the necessary forms
- Complete a Camping Resort Company Registration Application.
- Draft a copy of the Public Offering Statement.
- Have all the supporting documentation required in WAC 308-420-060.
- If there are leases, liens, or encumbrances on the resort property, complete the Camping Resort Non-Disturbance Agreement.
4. Submit your application
You can submit your application online or by mail.
Submit your application online
You'll receive your license faster by applying and paying online.
Don't have a SAW account? Learn how to create a SAW account.
Submit your application by mail
Mail your forms and a check or money order for the license fee (payable to the Department of Licensing) to:
Camping Resort Companies
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3777
Seattle, WA 98124-3777
Get email updates
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the latest rule changes and licensing updates by email.