Get your license: Camping resorts

Learn how to get your license to sell contracts for campsite use within a privately-owned camping resort.

Who needs a license?

Any business that offers contracts for campsite use for more than 30 days within a privately-owned camping resort.

How to apply

Make sure you meet the requirements, and follow the steps below to apply for a camping resort license.

1. Meet the requirements

You must be at least 18 years old to be licensed.

2. File with the Department of Revenue

File a business license application with the Department of Revenue (DOR) to get a Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number. Once you receive your UBI you can apply for your camping resort license.

3. Complete all the necessary forms

4. Submit your application

You can submit your application online or by mail.

Submit your application online

You'll receive your license faster by applying and paying online.

Log into SecureAccess Washington (SAW)

Don't have a SAW account? Learn how to create a SAW account.

Submit your application by mail

Mail your forms and a check or money order for the license fee (payable to the Department of Licensing) to:

Camping Resort Companies
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3777
Seattle, WA 98124-3777

Get email updates

Subscribe to our mailing list to get the latest rule changes and licensing updates by email.

Need additional help? Here's how to contact us:

call Phone: 360-664-6486
(TTY: Call 711)
mail Email:
Was this information helpful?