You have ten days to update your address on your EDL after your move, which you can do online. If you are changing your name, you can make an appointment at one of our licensing offices.
Before you get started
Join or log in to License eXpress to change your address online.
- There is no charge to update the address on your driving record
- If you want a new EDL with your updated address, you can order one for a $20 fee
Change your name on an EDL
Follow these steps to officially change your name on your enhanced driver license (EDL):
1. Update your name with the Social Security Administration
Before you can update your EDL, you must first visit a Social Security Administration (SSA) office to change your name.
Please allow up to five business days for the SSA to notify us that you have changed your name.
2. Visit a driver licensing office
Make an appointment at a driver licensing office location.
Show us one of the following documents to prove your name change. Please note we need the original documents and do not accept photocopies.
- Court order showing your change of name
- Divorce decree (filed and certified by the court) showing the new name or authorizing a name change
- Marriage certificate (filed after the ceremony with the county or authorized issuing authority and certified)
- Church or wedding chapel forms aren't acceptable
- Contact the county auditor where the license was filed to get a certified copy of a marriage certificate
- Valid U.S. passport or passport card with your new name
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship with your new name
You may need to pay a fee. Visit our driver licensing fees page for more information.
Change your address on an EDL
If you move, you must update your address with the Department of Licensing within 10 days. You can change your address. Join or log in to License eXpress to change your address online.
The address on your driving record will be updated at no charge. If you want a new EDL/EID with your updated address, you can order one for an additional $20 fee.
Additional places to update your information
In addition to updating the information on your EDL, you may need to update your name or address in other places.
Change your name on a vehicle registration
Once you update your name on your EDL, you may also need to change your name on your vehicle registration. Updating your name on your driver license doesn't automatically change the address on your vehicle registration.
Change your address on a vehicle registration
Once you update your address on your EDL, you may also need to change the address on your vehicle registration. Updating your address on your driver license doesn't automatically change the address on your vehicle registration.
Good To Go! account
If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the contact information on your account with the Department of Transportation: