See what information we have about you, request public records, or correct your information.
Our responsibilities to you
Since we collect personally identifiable information (PII), we must:
- Have a procedure for correcting inaccurate information
- Give you a way to:
- Review information about you
- Recommend changes to information you believe is incorrect
View information we have about you
Look up data on your own:
- Log in to or join License eXpress to see your license or ID details, your driving record, and vehicles or boats you own
- Look up your professional license details
- Search for liens and mortgages
- Access our reports and data to see what we publish
Make a specific request
- Request public records (like documents or emails)
- Ask to view information about you
- Request organized, structured, private data for a permissible use
Correct your information
Found something wrong? Help us fix it. We'll do our best to correct your personally identifiable information (PII) if you let us know there’s an error. We'll take reasonable steps to verify your identity.
- Contact our customer contact center at 360-902-3900 (TTY: call 711). We'll discuss what types of documents we need to make the correction.
- Need to make your address confidential due to a crime? Contact the Address Confidentiality Program.
Get help dealing with scams
Look out for scams online, and over email and phone. Scammers often use information about you or your vehicle to trick you into thinking they are legitimate. They may use a website that looks official or “spoof” a phone number when calling you to make them appear trustworthy.
Tips for avoiding scams
- Don’t answer calls from numbers you don’t recognize.
- Don’t provide personal or payment information unless you’re sure you’re dealing with a legitimate company you have a relationship with.
- File a complaint online about scam calls with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Get advice on consumer issues from the Attorney General, or file a complaint about a business in Washington.