Read about the Geologist Licensing Board members
The board is currently accepting applications for 1 vacancy for a public member. To be eligible, you must be a Washington (WA) resident.
If you're interested, email the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Geologist Licensing Board Application
What does the board do?
- Licenses geologists within the state.
- Investigates violations of state regulations related to the practice of geology.
- Recommends rules and regulations for administering licensing and regulatory laws.
What are the responsibilities of board members?
- Provide professional knowledge to improve services to geologists and the public.
- Attend all board meetings. They usually meet 4 times a year. Meeting dates, times, and locations are decided by the board and administrative staff.
- Spend about 8 hours a month on board business.
Are board members paid?
Yes, $50/day for attending meetings and board business done outside of meetings. Also, reimbursed for certain expenses related to traveling to and from board meetings.
|Casey Hanell||State Geologist/Engineering Geologist – Chair||Ex-officio|
|Carla Brock||Geologist/Hydrogeologist – Vice Chair||May 1, 2025|
|Tom Tebb||Geologist/Engineering Geologist/Hydrogeologist – Secretary||May 1, 2024|
|Carrie Gillum||Geologist/Hydrogeologist||May 1, 2026|
|James Struthers||Geologist/Engineering Geologist||May 1, 2023|
|Eileen Webb||Geologist||May 1, 2024|
Who's on the board?
There are 7 members, all are WA residents:
- 5 licensed geologists, 2 must be licensed in a specialty of geology (Engineering Geologist, Hydrogeologist).
- 1 from the general public with no family or business connection with the practice of geology.
- Department of Natural Resources' Supervisor of Geology (ex-officio member).
How are board members appointed?
They're appointed by the Department of Licensing Director. Members serve 4 years, which are staggered so no more than 2 appointments are made in a calendar year.