Get your license: Firearms license, non-U.S. citizen

Find out how to get your alien firearms license and explore related resources.

Where can I get an non-U.S. citizen firearms license?

If you're a nonimmigrant alien temporarily residing in Washington and you want to hunt or sport shoot, you must apply for an alien firearms license at the sheriff office of the county where you live.

Who must have an non-U.S. citizen firearms license?

Anyone who is not a citizen of the United States (unless you are a lawful permanent resident) who wants to use a firearm while temporarily residing in Washington.

How long is my non-U.S. citizen firearms license valid?

Your license is valid for 2 years.

Related laws

Need additional help? Here's how to contact us:

call Phone: 360-664-6616
(TTY: Call 711)
fax Fax: 360-570-4945
mail Email:
location_on Address:
Firearms Section Department of Licensing
PO Box 9649
Olympia , WA 98507
Was this information helpful?